Draft of 2018 Calendar is now live. A couple of notes:
- First competition is Yarra Valley on January 13th (Sat)
- The traditional 2-Day competition in February (Geelong / Ballarat) has been changed to a Double Header at SWAMPS on Saturday 10th and Nepean on Sunday 11th
- The VPA competitions marked as TBC through June, July and August are under discussion. There has been limited attendance over the past couple of years through winter, so we will be seeking some early confirmation of potential numbers if tehse are to proceed.
Time to get this event in your diary - our 2017 All Stars Showcase.
P&DARCs on Sunday 5th March.
After the showcase there will be a aerobatics flying discussion based on Robin Trumpp and his team's experience.
Not to be missed.
There will also be a training day on the Monday - more details later.
Back at our last AGM we agreed to change our name to Victorian Precision Aerobatics - to better reflect what we do. A couple of things to draw your attention to:
- Our formal web address has changed to www.vicprecisionaerobatics.com - so you might notice it has changed in the address bar and you might want to update your bookmarks.
- Both www.vicpattern.org.au and www.vicaerobatics.com (short form of our new name) will work and simply redirect to the new address - so you don't really have to change anything.
You may also notice we have integrated much of the video content we have developed, and links to the various blogs, back into this site - so you won't need to remember the sister video / blog site we introduced 6 months back. It will likely still exist - but we will provide links to relevant content from this site.
The World Championships are over and the team is back home recovering. If you missed any of the coverage then take a look at:
Thankyou all for your support - and stay tuned for updates on some of the events we have planned to share some of the team's experience with the VPA audience.
Just a quick update that the Training Day at the State Field scheduled for August 23 is not happening. But Shepparton is happening next weekend, so please get your entries in to Henry.
The forecast wasn't encouraging - massive wet and cold front taking over the State! But the dedicated group in Victoria know the drill - turn up and take what comes! And that was good decision this time.
The early arrivals made it Thursday evening ready for an early Friday start. Unfortunately the early weather was poor, but settled down and some good practice flights were put in. The rest turned up during Friday and we all rocked up to the field with some trepidation on Saturday morning. But nothing to worry about - a bit cool and a cold-ish northerly blowing us out, and showers all around but not on us.
Noticed the change that now makes us look different from our Talking RC Aerobatics partner site?
We had been looking for a while - and then Bill Bloodworth had a great idea just before flying started on the first day of the Bendigo State Champs - lets get a different type of group photo. And we were in luck, our resident guru photographer Darren Tilnak was on hand with camera, and happy to help out even though he was also first up flying! Thanks guys - excellent outcome.
A few behind the scenes shots of what happens when the professionals are at work.